Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Hello again... I'm Roo's Mommy, allow me to introduce her Daddy.

It's been nearly a year since I've written.

Sometimes things just happen that are too personal, or isn't my story, and it can't/shouldn't be shared on here. It affects me none the less though, so, that's where I've been. Looking at life and appreciating each moment like it's a gift. Even when I'm at my wits end and I'm telling my nearly 10 year old for the millioneth time, "No, you are not getting an app," I'm so thankful I still have her around to pester me for the heck of it. And when the worst happens to someone I know, when things hit too close to home, a part of me tends to pull into my shell.

Anyway, a long time ago, I promised that my husband would share his point of view on Roo's birth and the first few days in the NICU.

We decided that a Q&A sort of interview would work out best. So one night, we sat on opposite ends of the couch facing each other, while I asked him questions that I had already come up with and a few that just sort of happened as we went along.

At first his answers were short and I had to encourage him to elaborate. The more he started to talk, the more his emotions started to come to the surface. So much so that when our big, orange furball or a cat hopped onto his lap, he started to pet him instead of push him away like he normally would. He is not a cat person.

Things came out in that conversation that I didn't even realize (though maybe at times I suspected). While I don't mind spilling my guts on here, and even though he went into it knowing that I intended to put it on here for the world to see, it's just not fair to him.

Anyway, this is Terry aka Roo's Daddy.


He's a good guy who goes out of his way to help others, even if he's dead on his feet after working a long day.


I admire his faithfulness in attending church, and love his faith in God. I especially appreciate how he's trying to instill Christian values in our daughter, despite her many challenges.


They formed a special bond early on that still continues. When she was finally able to come home from the hospital, I was so jealous of him! I felt like I never got to hold her because she was always crying for daddy. In hindsight, I'm lucky that he was able to be home, and willing to continue to hold her...even if it was frustrating! :-) He is such a blessing, & I love him.

I hope you all have a great Father's Day weekend!

I will write again soon!

- Cassie


No comments:

Post a Comment