Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Doing The Insomnia Cha-Cha

Today I slept all day.. it was both a blessing and a curse. I have so many  things that I need to get done, and I slept all day. The insomnia has gotten to the point that it's really, really having a negative impact on my life. I'm missing appointments. Falling asleep when I should be awake. Things have gotten really bad in the housework department. And I'm lost to on how to fix it. (Not the housework, the insomnia.)

It all starts with a night or two of my body literally not letting me fall sleep. I lay there for hours, and eventually I get up.. maybe have a snack and watch some TV. Eventually I fall asleep watching a movie. One time I didn't though. In fact, I was still awake when my husband got up for work the next morning. It thoroughly ticked me off, because I wanted to sleep, but I couldn't

Normally, I will sleep for a few hours, get my lovely daughter to the school bus and go back to sleep. When I wake up I feel guilty, and make myself promise that I will do better... But that night, I'm not tired because I was able to rest during the day. And the cycle continues, until I go through a bit of exhaustion that makes me sleep.. a lot... too much.. Like all morning, maybe till 1 or 2, and then early to bed that night.. maybe 8:30 - 9 PM..  But then I'm back on a semi-normal schedule for a couple of weeks. 

I blame it mostly on hormones, & there's not a lot I can do about that since birth control makes my depression worse. As one doctor put it, "You have to choose your poison." Right now, I'd rather not have to deal with any of this. I despise this chaos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment