Saturday, January 11, 2014

Not Quite A LIttle Lady

The little redhead is going through a mental growth spurt. She's finding humor in things I wish she never would. She's watching cartoons and animated movies that we would have never thought possible just a year ago (almost makes me cry tears of joy thinking about it). Like the Chipmunks movies, Cinderella, etc., and yesterday she laughed through the beginning of Stuart Little 2 (AWESOME).

Today, for the first time ever, she crawled into the dryer. To some of you, your like, "huh? what's the big deal? my kid started doing that when they started walking." Well, mine never did. She loved opening and shutting the dryer door (over and over again), but it never occurred to her to climb inside it. Today she did, & it was a proud moment. So proud, that my hubby ran and grabbed the camera and snapped some photos. Isn't she cute??




Another new(er) thing is that she loves to make herself burp, and she thinks it's funny. And if she starts giggling out of no where, seemingly for no reason, wait for it. Chances are good she's going to start ripping off some farts. Nasty, stinky, smelly farts. And she thinks it's so funny!

Yesterday, I was trying to have a few minutes of serious conversation with my mom on the phone and I told Roo that she was going to have to wait 5 minutes & then she could talk to grandma. She made it maybe 3, and crawled up on my lap with a sly smile on her face. She leaned over right into the reciever (aka my face) and forced herself to burp 3 times! I was so shocked! She thought it was so funny, and refused to say excuse me until she realized she wasn't going to talk to grandma at all if she didn't. Yes it was funny. It was hilariously horrible, but I just can't let her get by with this stuff or she'll think it's okay to act that way all the time. There's a preschooler trapped in my 1st grader.. but for all I know, first grade girls might find toots funny too. ;) It's easy to forget what the norm is.

No comments:

Post a Comment