Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pinterest: For When Your Mother Was Born With Perfect Eyebrows

Not a whole lot going on here today. My brother-in-law is in the hospital, very sick with pnuemonia from the H1N1 flu virus. Say a prayer for him if you're the praying type, he needs them. Terry has been traveling back and forth to the hospital a lot this weekend and everything is thawing out around here. Halfway to a hospital in Indianapolis, he hit a large chuckhole on the highway and blew a tire. There are chuckholes everywhere! He was able to get the spare on and continue to the hospital, but on the way home he hit another hole and blew the donut. In his defense, it was foggy and pouring down rain, so it wasn't like he saw them in time to miss. I'm just glad that he wasn't hurt either time.

Today, he took the car to a guy that another brother of his knows & had a couple of new sway-rods put in for $20. Ultimately making what would have been a nearly $200 fix at a shop (including parts) for $50 by buying his own parts and going to a former mechanic. Seriously, it took "The Guy" 20 minutes to put both of them in. "The Guy" is awesome.

After that, we had McDonald's for lunch and I locked myself away in the bathroom. I noticed that I was looking a bit frazzled when I looked in the mirror, & since Terry wasn't going anywhere, I decided to pamper myself. I have fine, multi-textured, naturally curly hair & if I don't put anything in it (gel, mouse, etc) it puffs out. Hugely. In elementary school, I wore my hair in a braid nearly everyday because of this, and even with all the Freeze-It my mother put on the top of my head, I would have a top hat of frizzies after recess. I still have vivid memories of kids going "You look like Bozo the Clown!!" and the whole class laughing.. but it's not like I'm scarred or anything.. [sarcasm]   And my darling middle sister would always call me "MUFASA!" when she brush out my hair.. In fact, sometimes she still does.. Good times. Okay,  yeah, back to my frazzled look! So I gave myself a coconut oil treatment, and took extra time to take care of me.

Looking in the mirror again, I noticed my blonde Marcho Grouch eyebrows and gathered my weapons of choice.. a.) eyebrow pencil b.) tweezers c.) facial cleansing wipes for afterwards d.) my daughter's ipad with the Pinterest app open. Weird right? That I needed the Ipad? But I pinned a pinned that solved all my eyebrow worries. My mother has amazing eyebrows. They look professionally done, and she's never had to pluck them. Ever. So it's not like she could show me how to do it. And my middle sister, the same darling one mentioned above, inherited these amazing eyebrows. My oldest sister & I share the special joy of inheriting dad's. They bear a slight resemblance to shrubbery. They're large and bushy. This sister was also friends with a couple of diva's who showed her the tricks of the trade. I did okay, but wasn't usually satisfied. Now, honestly, I'm a little confused to what this website is about, but whatever it is, they give great advice on plucking eyebrows.

That's pretty much my day. I've started working on Roo's Birth Story, so that should be coming out soon, but tonight I'm going to finish watching Dance Moms (DVRed)  while I wait for clothes to finish drying.  Tomorrow I start a new workout routine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment